Extreme Travel agency
From World-Cruising Babies to a Daytrip in Zimbabwe, Cruise Specialists Customizes it All
Today, Cruise Specialists ( – most well-known for its sterling reputation as a world cruise travel agency – is sharing details about the most extreme efforts its travel agents have taken to assist clients in journeys around the world, whether on land or at sea. Some voyages are more than a year long. Others involve travel to the most notorious and headline-snatching locations on the globe – such as North Korea and Iraq. Additionally, for any type of complex trip, Cruise Specialists strongly advises consulting with an experienced travel agent, who knows how to ask the right questions, has the right industry connections, and always puts the safety and best interests of the traveler first.
Examples of the most extreme travel arrangements made by Cruise Specialists include:
- A world cruise for a family of three, including a baby. A Cruise Specialists Cruise Consultant purchased a recliner and had it delivered to the family’s penthouse suite on the cruise ship. That way, the parents were able to rock their baby to sleep each night of the 214-day voyage.
- A trip to Africa’s landlocked Zimbabwe for only one day, for a traveler’s quest to have his passport stamped in every country on earth.
- Trips to areas that are home to a vast array of cultural treasures but may also be known to be politically unstable or even dangerous at times, such as Iraq and North Korea. Journeys like this are best arranged through a highly-experienced travel agent who has thoroughly vetted tour guides, knows proper safety precautions, is aware of security measures being taken, and who knows about the necessary travel documents, appropriate vaccinations and more.
- Extreme rail trips, including the Trans-Siberian Railway and a five-star luxury railway from South Africa to Tanzania.
- Travel to Antarctica – while this destination in and of itself is one that very few people reach, Cruise Specialists has arranged for clients to venture there via Australia, a decidedly more complex itinerary compared to the South American route.
- A trip to Iceland for two weeks of reunions with Icelandic family members not seen for 30 years.
- Arranging for a client to live aboard a luxury cruise ship for over a year.
- Expeditions to some of the wildest, most remote parts of the globe. One particular extraordinary journey was a trip to the Pantanal in Brazil – one of the world’s largest wetland areas – to see its elusive jaguars.
“People who enjoy extreme travel are of a different mindset. They are driven to travel, whether it be crossing items off a bucket list, wanting to try something outrageous they saw in a movie, or they are even on a quest to have their passports stamped in every single country around our vast planet, ” said Debra Dickerson, a Cruise Consultant with Cruise Specialists who is also an expert in specialty travel. “There are very specific questions that need to be asked by the travel consultant – sometimes ones the traveler themselves may not think of – for example, what specific health issues could hinder their ability to safely travel somewhere, or are they willing to accept a Plan B if the itinerary suddenly changes?”
“These extreme examples demonstrate the breadth of our consultants’ expertise and service to clients – whether it be for a lengthy luxury cruise or a customized expedition to desert, jungle, wetlands, glaciers, or anywhere else their heart desires, ” said Annie Scrivanich, Senior Vice President, Cruise Specialists. “Our Consultants think outside the box because they know our clients are looking for more than a cookie-cutter experience.”
# # #
About Cruise Specialists:
Cruise Specialists is an award-winning cruise and tour agency dedicated to arranging the most luxurious land and sea vacations for its clients. Cruise Specialists is part of Travel Leaders Leisure Group and has been sending clients on memorable world cruises, family reunion cruises, affinity group cruises, honeymoons and unique personal travel experiences since 1987. The agency has been recognized by a number of travel publications, including Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure as one of the top luxury travel agencies. Cruise Specialists is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with an additional office in Novato, California.