Bungee jumping on Vancouver Island
Monkido® Adventure CourseThere are three self-paced Monkido® experiences that involve climbing, zip-lining, jumping, and swinging through obstacle games! Guests navigate log ladders, cargo nets, rope swings, tightropes, swinging logs, wobbly bridges, and more aerial surprises that gradually become higher and more challenging.
In Nanaimo, the original Monkido Adventure Course course stretches through wide expanses of the forest. These original games are some of the trickiest. Can you “hang” in there?
Need To Know
Monkido® Classic Course
- Minimum age: 7.
- Chaperone requirements: Kids age 13 and younger must be accompanied on site by a responsible adult.
- Minimum reach: 5’11” (180cm) with feet flat on the ground.
- 60 – 90 minutes to complete.
Monkido® Extreme Course
- Add this onto your Monkido Classic Course.
- Minimum age: 12.
- Minimum reach 5’11” (180cm), with feet flat on the ground.
- 30 – 60 minutes to complete.
Monkido® Kids Course
- Minimum age: 5 (maximum age 12).
- Minimum reach: 4’ 7” (140cm), with feet flat on the ground.
- 45 – 90 minutes to complete.
What’s To Fear Jump (WTF Jump)What’s To Fear Jump is an unnerving loose-line plunge from the edge of a 40-foot perch. Take the last step in Nanaimo with this element.
- Minimum weight 44lbs (20kg). Maximum weight 285lbs (129kg).
- 20 – 30 minutes to complete.
|Monkido add-on (and always for Season Passholders)||.99|
DragonFLY ZiplinesIn Nanaimo guests soar between rocky canyon edges, crossing 100′ above the spectacular Nanaimo River. In two flights of 300- and 600-feet, the DragonFLY Ziplines span entire length of the Park, and pass beneath our world-famous Bungy Jump bridge. Go for an invigorating ride unlike anything else on Vancouver Island.
- Guests under 100lbs (45kg) zip tandem with a guide
- Maximum harness size is 45″ waist, and 26″ legs (circumference)
- Takes 10 – 20 minutes per line (check the location & count ‘em up)
Bungy JumpRenowned 150-foot leap from a cool trestle bridge that towers above the Nanaimo River. Over 260, 000 guests, and counting. NEW in 2015! Six increasingly adventurous levels of Bungy Jumps – in over a dozen styles!
- First come, first served upon check-in.
- Minimum weight 95 lbs (43 kgs); maximum weight 400lbs (181 kgs), for the total weight of a single or tandem jump.
- Must have Jump Master approval, to “level-up” in difficulty/intensity.
|Any Subsequent Jumps|
Primal SwingGiant pendulum ride hurtles you through an awesome natural abyss. Soaring over 140-feet, at over 140km/h!
- Minimum weight: 170lbs (77kgs) per ride.. If you are going solo and don’t make the weight minimum, we can gladly provide a team member to swing with you.
- Maximum weight: 400lbs (181kgs) per ride.
|Tandem Swing||Two guests||$159.98|
Rules of Play
READY (leaving the couch)
- Dress appropriately for the weather – whatever it is, you’ll be in it…
- Wear the right shoes for the adventure – closed toe and secured to the foot (no flip flops surfer dudes).
SET! (at WildPlay)
- Watch the time…Be on time and don’t miss your check-in window…waiting a week sucks.
- Make a stash…valuables in lockers, cameras in secure pockets, nuts in the ground (no wait, that is for squirrels)…you are responsible for your stuff.
- Take a pee…well, OK, only if you have to…but don’t wait until you’re all rigged up (we have toilets to help with this).
GO! (it’s playtime)
- Come clean. No smoking, or influence of alcohol or drugs…it may feel like it at times, but actually – this is not a rock concert.
- Keep out of trouble…don’t fall off anything without a cord on and don’t let anything hit your head. Our staff is in charge – work with that – if there is a risk, what they say, goes!